Email Us!

“If you're not sleeping at night
then I'm not doing my job.”

If I am caught smuggling drugs, what will I be charged with? | Houston Criminal Defense Attorney

Penalties for smuggling drugs depends on the scale of the operation. You can be charged with simple possession with intent to distribute. If law enforcement can prove multiple individuals were involved, you can be charged with conspiracy level offenses.

Punishments range from twenty years to life in prison for drug smuggling offenses.

If you have been charged with a drug offense, contact an experienced Houston criminal defense attorney immediately. Brent Mayr is board certified in criminal defense by the State of Texas and he will work tirelessly to try to obtain the case results you deserve.


Brent Mayr: It depends, again, on how much information. You can find someone charged with possession with intent to distribute, all the way up to conspiracy level offenses if law enforcement is able to establish that there is multiple individuals involved, and so you can have some very severe punishments and penalties: sentences no less than 20 years, ranging up to life in prison for those types of offenses.

Contact Us

Houston Office

5300 Memorial Dr., Suite 750,
Houston, TX 77007 Map it
Phone:   713-808-9613
Toll Free:  855-NT-GILTY
Fax:   713-808-9991

The Woodlands Office

1095 Evergreen Circle, Suite 200
The Woodlands, TX  77380 Map it
Toll Free:  855-NT-GILTY
Fax:   713-808-9991

Please indicate the following*
I have read and understand the disclaimer

Houston Criminal Defense Attorney Brent Mayr of the Law Office of Brent Mayr, P.C. is located in Houston, Texas. Houston Criminal Defense Attorney Brent Mayr of the Law Office of Brent Mayr, P.C. represents clients throughout Texas. He can represent you if you have been arrested in Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, El Paso, Lubbock, Amarillo, Waco, Galveston, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Midland, Odessa, Harris County, Ft. Bend County, Galveston County, Brazoria County, Liberty County, Chambers County, Montgomery County, Waller County, or any other city or county in the State of Texas.